We are bestowed with enormous potential powers within our inner self but because of the ignorance and negative nature of the mind, our real personality remains subdued. We are not able to perform to the desired levels and live a life of our choice (in domestic, profession, personal and spiritual life). Not only this we also attract a lot of unwanted and painful situations in life and thus suffer.
The main reason for our life not being what we want is that our mind is not in our control. We never tried to tame, train and give direction to the mind.
The best way to train, tame, direct and invoke the potential powers of the mind is through Meditation. Among the numerous benefits of meditation, the 10 most beneficial are;
- Meditation makes the mind peaceful. It breaks the chain of thoughts, brings the mind to a rest mode thus reducing anxieties, fear, and confusion.
- Meditation reduces negativity and increases positivity because in meditation mind goes into a higher frequency of consciousness where negativity cannot exist.
- Meditation erases past painful impressions from the mind. The mind has a habit of creating deep-rooted impressions of painful events and remembering them frequently. This habit forces the mind to live in the past and worry about the future thus bypassing the happiness of the present.
Many people have experienced that they remember many past events during meditation that are unconnected to the present. They must realize that these impressions are trying to get out of mind during that time. So, they should allow these impressions to go out and get freed from them.
- Meditation increases will power, thought power, intuition, decision making as confusion reduces and clarity increases.
- Meditation heals and fights disease. Whenever the inner ease gets disturbed, disease erupts and as we re-establish this ease, disease vanishes.
- Meditation protects us from others’ negative vibrations. People emanate negative vibrations against us out of jealousy, hatred, inferior or superior complexes, misunderstanding or out of behavioral issues. Regular practice of meditation helps create a vibratory protective shield around us and that helps us neutralize the effect of other negative vibrations.
- Meditation helps us to conserve our own inner energy. Our mind consumes almost 50% of our energy while the rest is consumed by the physical body, senses, etc. As thoughts reduce and mind is more at peace, we conserve more and more energy thus helping us to use this energy in more productive purposes as well as helping us evolve to a more powerful being.
- Meditation helps us keep the mind clean from the unwanted dust of impressions on a daily basis. Regular meditation does not allow the dust of negativity and impressions of painful events to settle down on the mind.
- Meditation helps us to find the divine treasure within our inner self and universal secrets. It reveals to us the evolutionary secrets of the universe, the law of karma, connection with the subtle world and divine souls in their ethereal bodies and face to face with our favorite personal God.
- Meditation helps us in Self Realization and Enlightenment. It helps us live the life of a liberated soul, fearless and eternally joyful.
Meditation is the greatest boon human beings have received from the Enlightened Saints, Gurus and the Divine Scriptures. We must all practice meditation regularly and reap the enormous benefits it provides.
Guruji Sri. Sadguru Ramesh Ji